Categories

Latest Astro

Jupiter and Moons Jupiter
NGC 1647 L 91

Latest Movies

Comet Lulin Sledging
Partial Eclipse Daphne

Please install Flash and turn on Javascript.

Mar14

The Buttons of My Mind

72 comments posted in: Blog: My Life

I think I have a name for the site. I’ve wanted to call it something other than jochta.com for a while and wasn’t sure what to use. In the end the answer was staring me in the face. I’ve always quoted the lyrics from The Scaffold’s song Buttons Of Your Mind as my all time favourite (this song was on the B-Side to the single Lily the Pink which was #1 in the charts on the day I was born).

The buttons of your mind were difficult to find and my fingers far too clumsy.

And this site is about my buttons.

Posted: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 05:31 PM by jochta

Back to home page

Page 1 of 1

Posted by xibxang on Thu, March, 22, 2007 - 06:49 PM

Very good choice of title. I’ve updated my link to you accordingly.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Fri, January, 11, 2008 - 07:19 PM

hi!
am kinda happy to note that:
1.) there’s someone else on this planet apart from me who is aware of the song ‘buttons of your mind’ by scaffold
2.) that this ‘someone’ also likes the lyrics of this particular song as much as i do

sigh! here i guess the commonality ends… for i do not possess this song since ages & what’s worse, i no longer remember the complete lyrics.
just a few scattered phrases:

you’re not mine anymore, as we take our last walk together
along the midnight shore
before we say goodbye, forever

you could say you’d see me soon, but you’re silent like the moon
you could say “let’s start again”, but you think of other men
i wonder if i ever knew, the more elusive inner you
but the buttons of your mind are difficult to find
and my fingers far too clumsy…

would be eternally grateful if some kindred could could provide me the lyrics

Posted by 89 on Thu, February, 14, 2008 - 12:22 PM

It’s very rare that those bloggers commentors have anything decent worth reading anyway. I can just imagine if I had that on my website, especially what with being a despair member.

Posted by wow mining guide on Mon, February, 18, 2008 - 04:05 AM

You picked a good title!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Mon, March, 17, 2008 - 09:38 AM

(You’re not mine ay more as we take our last walk together along the midnight shore before we say goodbye forever.)

Shall I call you love, use your name? Shall I wear my sadness face or look the same? I am careful to avoid the touch of your hand. I must not be drawn into the bedroom of your eyes.

You could say you’ld see me soon. But you’re as silent as the moon. You could say Let’s talk together, but you think of other men. I wonder if I ever knew the more elusive inner you, for the buttons of your mind were difficult to find and my fingers far too clumsy.

Posted by andra on Mon, March, 24, 2008 - 08:33 PM

nice title:))

Posted by Toronto Condos on Sat, May, 17, 2008 - 03:26 AM

Very good choice of title.

Posted by dean on Mon, June, 09, 2008 - 06:16 AM

this my favourite worst song of all time. It is a sort of password between me and a good friend, who happens to be a poet.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Mon, June, 30, 2008 - 08:50 AM

I’ve been looking for the complete kyrics of ‘Buttons of your mind’ for a very long time. Even Roger Mcgough’s autobigraphy too is so indifferent to this song.  but I always loved this song. Do you by any chance have the lyrics of it?

Will wait for your response.

best wishes,
endu

Posted by Leo on Mon, June, 30, 2008 - 12:32 PM

Dear Endu,

My contribution of March 17 has the lyrics.
Best wishes too,

Leo

Posted by Lyrics on Fri, July, 04, 2008 - 02:51 AM

I have to agree, you got a eye-catching title.

Posted by PC satellite TV on Sat, July, 19, 2008 - 03:11 PM

very interesting title. And great post too

Posted by philippine outsourcing company on Sat, July, 19, 2008 - 03:14 PM

I agree with it. it makes me think deeper

Posted by cheap outsourcing services on Sat, July, 19, 2008 - 04:16 PM

Very interesting article and an excellent title

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Thu, July, 31, 2008 - 03:39 PM

great title. I am 49 now, and had the 45rpm Lily The Pink when it was released. I remember the “b” side well, esp.your title page + “and my fingers far too clumsy” Thanks for helping me find 1) the full lyrics, and 2) my childhood!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Sun, August, 03, 2008 - 06:10 PM

Since yesterday I had been listening to “Windmills of your mind”, both the Dusty Springfield and Sting versions. I did some searches for a song from waay back that had been playing in my mind for a while.  For some bizarre reason I thought the name was “Windmills….”.  Both versions sounded different to me. After trying to remember for a while I recalled that the song started with, “You’re not mine anymore…”.  Tried as I did, the lyrics websites came up with a blank.  Suddenly, out of the blue I remembered the song was called “Buttons of Your Mind”.  Well, here I am now and see that others too remember the song fondly. For me “Buttons of Your Mind” was the Scaffold’s best track…because I thought “Lily The Pink” was too teeny bopperish at the time.  I guess it probably was.

Thanks for putting the lyrics out…..I love the line, “But the buttons of your mind are difficult to find and my fingers far too clumsy”.

Posted by mp4 players on Sun, August, 03, 2008 - 07:01 PM

Very interesting title, glad to see you were able to get the .co.uk version - and fantastic pictures of the moon, but the way, they are just stunning

Posted by limacine on Sat, August, 09, 2008 - 03:03 PM

Laughing is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one spot.

Posted by satellite tv on Wed, August, 20, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Yes, nice symbolism.

Posted by age of conan gold on Thu, September, 18, 2008 - 04:36 PM

Very nice article indeed. Keep up the good post. I like your informative view very much.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on Fri, November, 07, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Life is hard. We should not give up hope. By the time we have given up, we are finished. Chances are always there. We have to grab every single opportunity to help…, to love and to serve. To live our life happier, full ofaoc gold joy, we have to set our goal and even dream big. If we choose the shortest path in life, we will never learn. To be or not to be, we have to be somebody. The fastest way to gain love is to love others first!Do not hide your talent, your knowledge and your beautiful heart. Go for your dream and live for it.

Posted by warhammer gold on Tue, November, 11, 2008 - 09:29 AM

I think the title is great

Posted by Toronto Condos on Wed, November, 12, 2008 - 12:46 AM

Hey that would be an awesome name.  And it makes so much sense.  I am not sure if you changed your mind on the name change or not.  But if you do.  Kudos to you!

Posted by Charlotte real estate buyer agent on Fri, December, 19, 2008 - 04:10 PM

i like the title. it sounds rhythmic to me. nice work!!

Posted by Tamagotchi Town on Fri, December, 26, 2008 - 11:15 AM